Head of the Academic Council: doctor, Professor Sabri Hizmetli – Rector of the University
Beisenbekova Gulnaz Turlibaievna
Candidate of pedagojical science, Assosotuan Proffessor
Phone: +7 (727) 379 78 96 (702)
Address:Almaty city, Kazibek bi Street 168, 1- floor, 105-room
The objectives of the Academic Council are:
1. Create the conditions necessary for the students and faculty of the university for the purpose of successful implementation of professional educational programs;
2. Providing financial support, strengthening the material-technical base of the university;
3. Promote the further development of the university.
The main tasks of the Academic Council
The main tasks of the Scientific Council are:
o decision-making on major issues of the university in the field of educational, scientific and educational processes;
o ensuring the implementation of government programs in the field of education and science.
The composition, structure and functions of the Scientific Council and the procedure for the election
1. The Scientific Council established the order of the head of the university.
2. The Academic Council may include the head of the university, deputy directors, heads of departments, representatives of the faculty, student and community organizations of the university.
3. The composition of the Scientific Council shall be elected for a term of 3 years and consists of an odd number of members. As required by the general meeting of its members are subject to some changes.
4. The Chairman of the Scientific Council (hereinafter the Chairman) is the head of the university.
Chairman organizes the work of the Scientific Council and ensures its activities in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and these Rules, arrange systematic verification of execution of decisions of the Board.
The Chairman shall appoint the Deputy Chairman.
In the absence of the President, Vice Obligations of takes.
5. Other members of the Academic Council are elected by the general meeting of the university by secret ballot from among the representatives of departments and students.
6. The Secretary shall be elected by the Academic Council and is responsible for maintaining the office of the Academic Council.
• together with relevant departments and officials of the university is developing a plan of action, it provides organizational and preparatory work for meetings and implementing decisions of the Academic Council;
• the right to request the necessary information to give instructions to the employees of the university in all areas of activity of the Scientific Council;
• together with the chairmen of dissertation councils for defending theses for the degree of candidate and doctor coordinates the work of dissertation councils that operate in high school;
• monitors the implementation of decisions of the Academic Council and regularly inform the Chairman and members of the Scientific Council.
7. The Scientific Council organizes its work based on the approved plan of work for the academic year.
8. Meetings of the Academic Council are held once a month in accordance with the approved work plan for the relevant academic year, as well as necessary.
9. The Scientific Council forms permanent and other commissions in various areas of its activities.
10. The members of the Scientific Council are obliged to take an active part in the work of standing committees and other materials in preparation for the meeting of the Academic Council.
11. Meetings of the Academic Council shall be valid if at a meeting attended by at least 2/3 of its members. On the impossibility to attend the meeting for good reason, a member of the Scientific Council should be informed in advance of the Chairman.
12. Decisions of the Academic Council shall be deemed adopted if they are voted for the majority of the members of the Scientific Council.
13. Decisions of the Academic Council of the university are made by voting present
Member of the Academic Council, and during the competition in the awarding of the academic title of associate professor and professor - by secret ballot in the prescribed manner.
On certain issues the Scientific Council may decide by secret ballot.
14. The Scientific Council shall keep such records in accordance with the nomenclature of affairs in high school.
15. Meetings of the Academic Council of the university in the protocol. Decisions of the Academic Council of the university are made separately. Protocols and decisions of the Academic Council of the university shall be signed by the chairman and secretary of the scientists.
Protocols and decisions of the Academic Council of the university are documents of permanent storage and are transmitted when changing scientific secretaries of acts.
The main activities of the Academic Council
The main activities of the Academic Council are the most common and important problems of the university:
1. The discussion of the draft statute of the university;
2. Adoption of working curricula, schedules of educational process and others. Ouch. documentation;
3. The discussion of results of formation of a contingent of students;
4. Consideration of issues:
o logistics, personnel and organizational methods of the educational process;
o provide training and retraining;
• additional financial and material means for the implementation of statutory activities;
• creation of the necessary conditions for the work of the university departments, catering and medical organizations;
• timely provision of certain categories of students fringe benefits and types of financial security;
• the conditions of residence and students;
5. The review and approval of plans and reports on educational, research and educational work of structural subdivisions of the university;
6. The tenders for the replacement of professors and teaching staff, and the election of heads of structural divisions of the university;
7. The assignment of science teachers of universities academic titles of professor and associate professor, as well as an honorary professor of the respective institution, the petition before a national authority certification of the Republic of Kazakhstan on awarding rank of associate professor and professor;
8. promote the activities of public authorities and NGOs;
9. Discussion and approval of plans for scientific research, educational work and plans for training of the teaching staff (hereinafter - PPP);
10. The consideration of the preparation and publication of monographs of sabbatical to prepare theses;
11. Recommendation of a candidate for admission to the master's degree, postgraduate and doctoral programs, transfer to the post of senior researcher;
12. approval of candidates for scholarships from among the best students, undergraduates and post-graduate (doctoral) university;
13. improving the quality of training, improving the health and safety of students and employees of the university;
14. The consideration of the annual and long-term development plans of the university and the hearing results of financial and economic activity;
o consideration of other issues stipulated by the charter of the university.
The competence of the Scientific Council are:
1. The approval of the structure of the university;
2. Introduction of amendments and additions to the Charter of the university;
3. The establishment, reorganization and liquidation of educational and scientific departments of the university (laboratories, departments, faculties (Instituto), and others);
4. The definition of the concept of the university;
5. The decisions on all fundamental issues of organization of educational, research and economic activities of the university;
6. The hearing annual reports of the rector, vice-rectors, heads of departments of the forms and methods of teaching, research, educational, financial, economic and international activities;
7. Consideration and recommendation to the publication of textbooks and teaching aids and educational development;
8. The decision to transfer the students pay offices and an educational grant to study in external studies;
9. Adoption of the scientific advisers and consultants undergraduates and doktarantov on dissertation research;
10. The organization of the control of financial and economic activities of the university;
11. The determination of the order of using extra-budgetary funds, as well as areas of reinvestment of income received by the university through the provision of paid educational services and implementation of products;
12. approval and awarding of academic and honors, scholarships and prizes;
13. Consideration of the representation of university staff, creative groups to the government awards and honorary titles;
14. consideration of other issues of the current activities of the university, requiring kollegionalnogo solutions.